When I Am Anxious About
By Dr. Clarence Schilt
- A new venture or meeting – Isaiah 41:10 – "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will Strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
- Being useless and empty – Isaiah 55:1 – "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and mild without money and without cost."
- Decisions – Psalm 32:8 – "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
- Being too weak to do my work – 2 Corinthians 12:19 – "Have you been thinking all along that we have been defending ourselves to you? We have been speaking in the sight of God as those in Christ; and everything we do, dear friends, is for your strengthening."
- Facing opponents – Romans 8:31 – "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
- The welfare of those I love – Matthew 7:11 – "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
- Being sick – Psalm 34:19 – "A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all" Romans 5:3-5 – "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
- Getting old – Isaiah 46:4 – "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
- Dying – Romans 14:7-0 – "For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living."
- Making shipwreck of my faith – Philippians 1:6 – "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Hebrews 7:25 - "Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them."
- Not being "good enough" – John 6:37 – "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away." Hebrews 4:15-16 – "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
"Let us make war, not with people or circumstances, but with our own unbelief." ______________________________
Note: Some links may lead to pages we do not endorse.
the Hard Stuff